Happy Valentine’s week everyone!
I have been having so much fun celebrating Valentine’s week with my girlfriends and today I decided we needed a V-day themed dessert that wasn’t chocolate covered strawberries.
These cake pops turned out so good and can be customized to whatever flavors and decorations you want – not to mention how simple they are to make. These are definitely a crowd pleaser and look like they took a lot more effort than they actually did.
RECIPE BELOW <3
- Cake box mix of your choice (I chose red velvet)
- Ingredients that are called for on your cake box mix of choice (Usually water, oil and eggs)
- Icing of your choice (I chose cream cheese icing to go with red velvet but chocolate would have been good too)
- Chocolate for drizzling
- Sprinkles (optional but really take the presentation up a notch)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make your cake according to the instructions of the box.
- Let your cake cool for 20 minutes outside of the oven.
- Mash up the cooled cake with a fork.
- Add in spoonfuls of your frosting until it looks smooth and tastes how you want it to.
- Put your bowl in the fridge and let it cool for an hour.
- Form your cold batter into small balls.
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave slowly and using a cut ziplock bag you can drizzle it over your cake pops.
- Add sprinkles or other decorations.
- Let the cake pops cool in the fridge for 20 min and enjoy!