By Rees Sinnott
St. Patrick’s Day is coming up and there’s no better way to celebrate than with a sweet treat! I made Lucky Charm rice Krispie treats, and they are the perfect quick and easy dessert for celebrating with your friends. It is only four ingredients and takes 15 minutes to make.
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 3 cups of Rice Krispie cereal
- 3 cups of Lucky Charm cereal
- 1 12 oz. bag of regular marshmallows
- Spray a medium-sized baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Take a large pot and put it over low heat. Melt your butter and then stir in marshmallows until they are melted. Make sure to constantly stir because the marshmallows will burn.
- Once the marshmallows are melted remove the pot from the heat. Then, add in both kinds of cereal and stir until they are evenly coated in the marshmallow.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking pan and press it down. I recommend spraying your spatula with cooking spray, so the treats do not stick to it.
- Add extra lucky charm marshmallows to the top of the treats.
- Allow them to cool for a few minutes then slice into bars.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!