By Rees Sinnott
February is dedicated to celebrating who and what you love, so dessert should not be an exception. I made Nutella puff pastry hearts, and they are perfect for a treat during girls’ night!
- Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheet
- Heart-shaped cookie cutters
- For Egg Wash-
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon of water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Take one of the pastry sheets and roll it out.
- Spread a thin layer of Nutella onto the puff pastry using a spatula; making sure to go all the way to the edge of the puff pastry.
- Take the second puff pastry sheet and roll it out. Then, place the sheet on top of the Nutella layer.
- Using the heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out pieces of the sheets and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Mix the egg and water together to make an egg wash. Then, brush it on the hearts. This will make them look brighter.
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the hearts look golden brown.