In our current age the organic trend is in. From organic food to organic skincare, it seems that people are worshipping all that the OG GP (Gwyneth Paltrow) approves of. Currently, we all know it’s the brink of cold and flu season. From endless trips to CVS and Walgreens after feeling under the weather, I feared that I way putting way too much Allegra and Sudafed in my body. I found that I had had enough of these consumer drugs and wanted to find alternative methods that were better for myself and my body. After searching the internet and the numerous Central Market isles, I came up with 5 ideas of how to naturally combat a cold.
1) Flush your sinuses. I know it sounds gross, but I swear that a neti pot and warm salt water are a great way to clear up and congestion and lead to better breathing.
2) I was always told that the best way to fight a cold or a sign of one is to eat or drink your Vitamin C. Evensays, “[These] supplements decreased recovery time by 8% in adults and 14% in children, on average.”
3) Drinking ample amounts of water is key, especially when you’re sick. This is also a good way to naturally flush out any toxins.
4) If you’re looking to take some sort of supplement, invest in oil of oregano. With its natural antibacterial and antifungal properties, this herb is a great option as an alternative to amoxicillin or other antibiotics.
5) Rest up. Yes, this advice sounds cliché, but nothing makes me feel better than getting a good night’s rest.even says, “During sleep, you make more white blood cells that attack viruses and bacteria, says Sunita Kumar, MD.”