By Kenedy Blom
Spring break is only one week away. While many students are flying to tropical destinations like Cabo and Miami, if you want a last-minute destination Marfa, Texas is a hidden gem. While the west-Texas town has fewer than 2,000 citizens, there are many exciting things to do and stops to see.
Where to stay:
El Cosmico is the definition of glamping. It has a very authentic West-Texas vibe and you can choose from a list of many unique ways to spend your night. Southwest-styled teepees, safari tents, and trailers are all options for your peaceful night in the desert landscape.
What to do:
1. Make sure to check out the famous Prada Marfa store and get a fabulous Instagram shot!
2. Sunrise Tour at the Chinati Foundation where you can experience a sunrise viewing of Judd’s 100 untitled works in mill aluminum
3. Marfa Book Company is a unique expertly curated bookstore where you can sip coffee at their local shop and listen to live music.
4. Shopping in Marfa- find a list of the best shops here!
5. Stellina Marfa is a great place to grab dinner. With an ever-changing menu, the restaurant always has something new to offer. Stellina doesn’t take reservations but is worth the wait!
Marfa, Texas is the perfect place to take a little get-away. However, beware that stores are open when they want to be and much of the town shuts down on Monday’s and Tuesday’s.
Make sure to check visitmarfa.com to learn about upcoming events and exciting things to do.