Looking for a place to enjoy this beautiful weather? Try Food Truck Lane in Klyde Warren Park! With about 8 to 10 different food trucks and a huge outside area to lounge, this would be an AMAZING spot for a date or a fun afternoon with your girlfriends as I did!
There are so many options for food so everyone is bound to find something they love. My advice to anyone going for the first time like is to order small plates from multiple food trucks so you can get a good feel of each truck and not miss out on anything. Definitely come hungry!
Here are my recommendations:
- Park at the DMA general parking; it is 15 dollars, right across the street from the park and you can avoid parallel parking downtown.
- The food trucks are there everyday from 11 am-3 pm. On Friday & Saturday nights it’s from 5-9:30 pm but when we were there on Saturday the food trucks were still serving at around 4 pm!
- There are tables and chairs on the sidewalk to sit but there is also a big beautiful lawn- bring a blanket and soak up the sun!
Here are my top picks
- Liberation Coffee Cookie Chai Latte – it literally tastes like dessert.
- The Butcher’s Son Braised Beef Quesadilla- My friend ordered this and the sauce they put on top was amazing! This truck had one of the biggest menus available and everything sounded sooo good. I definitely want to try their sliders next.
- Greek Lover’s Chicken Gyro – this was seriously the best gyro I have ever had in my life (apparently the owner is trying out a new chicken recipe & it is DELICIOUS!)
- Greek Lover’s Greek Fries – They are loaded with feta cheese, tzatziki sauce & parsley… perfect if you want that greek taste but not a whole gyro!
- Chiave’s Italian Street Food Parmesan Tots- these were super good as a simple side and everyone in our group had a couple.
We only tried 4 trucks but I am totally coming back to try the rest of them!
For more information on Food Truck Lane & what trucks they are currently hosting visit the website!